- Home /
- Cemfloor Commercial Liquid Screed
- Commercial Cemfloor
Cemfloor is ideal for commercial and large multi-residential projects, as well as, high volume pour area work because:
- Guaranteed SR1 finish (excellent flat finish).
- Can fast track projects if they are falling behind.
- Up to 1000m2 can be installed in one day.
- Flatter finishes achieved compared to traditional screed.
- Reduced floor heights, saves money. The more floors you have to work with the more money can be saved on a commercial project. A great way to reduce costs.
- It is the fastest drying liquid screed on the market.
- Provides a multitude of options to apply floor covering quicker by using products such as liquid DPMs at 97% RH or flexible adhesives.
- Tiling can be applied after 4 days on non-underfloor heated floors when used with Bal's green screed adhesive.
- Cemfloor Description
Cemfloor Liquid Screed
There are 3 different products available in the Cemfloor range:
- C16/F3 - for domestic non underfloor heating
- C20/F4 - for domestic and underfloor heating
- C25/F5 - for commercial use
Tile on after only 4 days (if no underfloor heating) using Bal's green screed adhesive!
Cemfloor screeds are very responsive to underfloor heating; due to the fact that they can be laid in very thin sections and have a high thermal conductivity of up to 2.9w/mk.
Since Cemfloor is a cement based screed; floor coverings can be applied much faster than calcium sulphate screeds which require a final moisture content of 0.5% which can delay floor finishings by months.
Whereas Cemfloor can be tiled at a final moisture content of 5% and timber floors can be installed at a final moisture content of 2.8%; speeding up the entire build process.
Compared with other liquid screeds which generally need to be forced dried with underfloor heating; Cemfloor screeds can be used in non heated floors as it doesn’t require force drying to remove moisture.
- Thinner sections compared to traditional screeds. 25mm above underfloor heating pipes.
- Larger floor area without joints (up to 150m2).
- Exceptional Thermal Conductivity (up to 2.9W/m.k).
- Reduced drying times: 5 days for tiling and 28 days for wooden floors in non heated floors, in heated floors 14 days for tiling and 21 days for wooden floors. This is dependent on drying conditions or “after suitable moisture test.
- Self-compacting – no voids around under floor heating pipes.
- Can be polished for final floor finish (consult technical personnel). See Floor Finishes by CES page.
- All floor coverings can be applied with no need for surface sanding.
- More thermal insulation can be used in floors, compared to traditional sand cement screed which leads to a better u value for your building.
- Minimal Drying Shrinkage (<0.05%).
- Foot traffic after 24 hours.
- Can be applied in wet areas.
- Can be forced dried after 7 days.
- Compatible with all cement based tile adhesive, no priming of surface required.
- No Surface Laitance (Dust) after curing.
- Easy Installation; up to 1000m2 per day (Reduces time & costs).
- Lower Running costs for underfloor heating systems when using Cemfloor. This is due to the exceptional thermal conductivity of up to 2.9W/mk and the ability to lay thinner screeds over the underfloor heating pipes.
Cemfloor Screed is designed for use as a bonded thick levelling screed on concrete, as a floating screed over thermal or acoustic insulation, or as an unbonded screed on top of a plastic membrane.
Cemfloor is compatible with all floor coverings and cementitious adhesives and floor levellers.
Cemfloor screeds should be used in accordance with BS 8204-7:2003 ‘Code of Practice for Pumpable Self-Smoothing Screeds’.
To ensure a high quality screed it is recommended that application is carried out by a specialist screeding contractor. The freshly poured screed will need to be levelled using a dappling bar, ensuring to dapple the surface in two passes at 90 degrees.